Birth Story:
I started having contractions around 2 am on 6/5/2012 and they started getting worse around 4. Seth went into work around 7:30 and I told him I'd keep him updated. I ended up calling him around 10 or so saying we needed to go to the hospital. So he came home and off we went. They put us in an observation room and attached me to all the monitors but I was only dilated to a 1. The nurse said it was possible they'd send me home and I about started crying I for sure didn't want to do that. After an hour and a half of being on the monitors they had me get up and walk for half an hour. then they finally admitted me.
Once we got to our room they got me an epidural. The lady (crystal) who did my epidural was born on 3/11 which I of course took as a good sign. with in 10-15 minutes of getting the epidural I dilated from a 1 to 5. My doctor came and broke my water soon after that and then it was the waiting game. The epidural made me a little bit sick so I'd mostly try to sleep between throwing up in front of the whole world. They ended up having to move rooms because they couldn't get the computer working in the room we were. The 2nd room wasn't quite as nice, they working on remodeling all the rooms and the first was finished and they hadn't started the 2nd. but it was still a nice room.
At 7:35 the nurse came in and told everyone but Seth it was time to step out in the hall. It was time for me to start pushing. My doctor got there shortly after that and at 8:11pm Taiyden came into the world with an awesome set of lungs. The doctor held him up so I could see him and I remember reaching out and holding his tiny foot and saying 'hello baby'. It was an extremely surreal moment, that tiny little human was my baby! My son. So very strange to me. But 100% amazing! and I was head over heels in love!
They took Taiyden over to his bed to clean him up and check him out. and Seth went over to take pictures while I got stitched and finished up. This was all still in the same room, I could see the baby which was a good distraction from all my other stuff. He weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 20.5 inches long. But Taiyden wasn't quite breathing right. he was screaming alot but his breathing was labored. They called NICU to come check him out and they were able to pull a bunch of stuff out of his lungs and they said to just keep an eye on him. after about an hour of crying and checking his lungs he seemed to get a little better, which was a major relief I really didn't want them to take my sweet boy to NICU.
Going home:
We came home on 6/7/2012. Taiyden was a bit jaundice so we had to go see his doctor the next day. They set us up with this light system at home we had to keep him in the lights as much as possible. It was really hard. they gave us a light blanket which was a little easier but not much and a bed which was impossible since Taiyden refused to lay down. He currently sleeps in his bouncer which sometimes makes me feel like a bad parent but he sleeps so well there! We had to go to the hospital everyday for 4 or 5 days to get his blood tested and we were finally told we could take him off the lights. Happy day!!
We're doing good now we've had lots of support and love! and we appreciate everyone. I should go feed my boy and get off here. I know I'm missing some stuff but I'll do the best I can to catch up later.
No comments:
Post a Comment